Re: SuSE 8.2 and loop_fish2.o

Jari Ruusu wrote:
> If you intend to use loop_twofish.o with SuSE encrypted partition, you need
> to patch and recompile util-linux and install new losetup + mount binaries
> as explained in loop-AES' README.

I have not tested all combinations in following table, but this table
represents my understanding of SuSE twofish compatibility:

losetup + mount    kernel module    result    notes
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~    ~~~~~~    ~~~~~
from SuSE          loop_fish2       works
from SuSE          loop_twofish     fails     1
from SuSE          cryptoloop       fails     2
from loop-AES      loop_fish2       works
from loop-AES      loop_twofish     works
from loop-AES      cryptoloop       fails     2,3
from kerneli.org   loop_fish2       works
from kerneli.org   loop_twofish     fails     1
from kerneli.org   cryptoloop       fails     2

notes:
1.  Fails because losetup and mount are not capable of putting kernel
    module to SuSE compatible mode.
2.  Fails because kernel module does not have SuSE compatible mode.
3.  Fails because losetup and mount do not support CryptoAPI.

Regards,
Jari Ruusu <jari.ruusu@xxxxxxxxxx>

-