Re: SuSE 8.2 and loop_fish2.o

Jörg Maier wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 29. Juni 2003 11:58 schrieb Jari Ruusu:
> > losetup -e twofish160 -H rmd160 -I 1 /dev/loop0 /dev/hda9
>
> This gives an error like "unknown option -H"

SuSE's losetup does not understand -H and -I options. Loop-AES' patched
version does. loop_twofish.o will not be SuSE compatible without the '-I 1'
option. Don't even try without it, otherwise you will corrupt your file
system.

> > mount -t ext2 /dev/hda9 /mnt9 -o loop,encryption=twofish160,phash=rmd160,loinit=1
>
> This sais twofish160 is not suported, when i try
> mount -t reiserfs /dev/hda12 /multimedia/avi/ -o
> loop,encryption=twofish,phash=rmd160,loinit=1
> there is a
> Password:
> ioctl: LOOP_SET_STATUS: invbalid argument

SuSE's mount does not understand 'loinit' mount option. Loop-AES' patched
version does. loop_twofish.o will not be SuSE compatible without the
'loinit=1' mount option. Don't even try without it, otherwise you will
corrupt your file system.

Above "ioctl: LOOP_SET_STATUS: invbalid argument" is probably result of
loop_twofish.o module not being loaded to kernel. It can be loaded using
"modprobe loop_twofish" command.

If you intend to use loop_twofish.o with SuSE encrypted partition, you need
to patch and recompile util-linux and install new losetup + mount binaries
as explained in loop-AES' README.

Regards,
Jari Ruusu <jari.ruusu@xxxxxxxxxx>

-