Re: how to fsck

Hi, thanks for the reply. Actually my loops are set on startup with an init script, so my fstab is plain except it uses /dev/loop2 instead of /dev/md0. I can happly mount and unmount it like an unencrypted drive.

If i start the system and log in as root, mount the partition, sync, is it ok to do a fsck on a mounted fs as no files are open?

This problem is most probably caused because the drives are never unmounted when the system shuts down, their always "busy" at the time. I can prob fix that by looking into the shutdown script.s

Brad.

On correctly set up box, umount detaches loop, so file system data won't be
there for fsck to find. If you have loop mount options defined in
/etc/fstab, do this:

umount /home
losetup -F /dev/loop2
fsck -t ext3 -f -y /dev/loop2