RE: RH 9.0 and Loop-aes

Mr. Ruusu:

	Starting from the presumtption that your code is less buggy as
well as faster, would you now consider doing a kernel implementation of
it since the Linux kernel is now going to support encryption?

	Why do this you may ask?

	The reason I see for it is that if you wish to do encrypted
boot/root, or have raid volumes mounted on boot-up be encrypted the
kernel version will do this much more easily than using loop devices and
provide a smoother form of implementation. I also believe the advantages
of your code (if inclusive) to the kernel would be allowing Linux to
leverage your code for other places where it needs to apply encryptive
technology (network traffic encryption?).

	How do you see this issue in view of your code?

	The other question I have is, if RedHat was desirous of
embedding your loop-AES package within their distribution how would you
feel about that?

Very Respectfully,

Stuart Blake Tener, IT3 (E-4), USNR-R, N3GWG
Beverly Hills, California
Ship Augmentation Unit (SAU)
NR FFG-38 1941
stuart@xxxxxxxxxxx
west coast: (310)-358-0202 P.O. Box 16043, Beverly Hills, CA 90209-2043
east coast: (215)-338-6005 P.O. Box 45859, Philadelphia, PA 19149-5859

Telecopier: (419)-715-6073 fax to email gateway via www.efax.com (it's
free!)

JOIN THE US NAVY RESERVE, SERVE YOUR COUNTRY, AND BENEFIT FROM IT ALL.

Monday, April 14, 2003 4:03 PM