Re: RH 9.0 and Loop-aes

"Tener, Stuart B., IT3 , USNR-R" wrote:
>         I am curious, I recently downloaded and installed the new RH 9.0
> Linux and noticed that the 2.4.20-8 kernel supplied with RH 9 has a
> crypto library in it.
>
>         Has any effort been made to interface this with Loop-aes or the
> kernel patch?

That Red Hat kernel includes cryptoapi + HVR's loop patch. Loop-AES'
replacement loop is twice as fast and significantly less buggy than the one
in 2.4.20-8 Red Hat kernel. Answer to your quiestion: Interfacing to slower
and more buggier code just does not make sense.

Regards,
Jari Ruusu <jari.ruusu@xxxxxxxxxx>
-