How to build 2.4.20 cryptoloop

I worked with HVR last night to find out what the problem
was, and it was... simple. It turns out the cvs store
split the patches into cryptoapi and cryptoloop and I
had not been aware of this. It seems I was not the only
one caught out by this as there have been several
queries that appeared to have the identical problem
to mine.

Unfortuneately, the cvs store is a working one and
is not necessarily stable, so even after this great
AHA! I still got an "oh crap" when the compile failed.

But never fear. HVR has been keeping up a set of pure
patches for each 2.4.x release which are in testing which
is probably why so many have missed them.

So here is how I build it (Note: if you can use either
the iv patch or the jari patch but not both):

wget http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/crypto/v2.4/testing/patch-int-2.4.20.1.bz2
wget http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/crypto/v2.4/testing/loop-jari-2.4.20.0.patch
tar jxf linux-2.4.20.tar.bz2
ln -s linux-2.4.20 linux
cd linux
bzcat ../patch-int-2.4.20.1.bz2 | patch -p1
patch -p1 < ../loop-jari-2.4.20.0.patch
cp -a ../previous-2.4.18jfd.config .config
make oldconfig
make menuconfig
	# select crypto, assorted cipher & hash, and
	# cryptoloop options
make dep; make bzImage
cp -a System.map /boot/System.map-2.4.20ij
cp -a arch/i386/boot/bzImage /boot/vmlinuz-2.4.20ij
zile /etc/lilo.conf
lilo
reboot

	TIME PASSES...

losetup -e aes /dev/loop2 /usr/src/test.ext2
Available keysizes (bits): 128 192 256
Keysize: 256
Password :
mount /dev/loop2 /mnt
ls /mnt
foo1  lost+found

I hope this gets everyone else sorted out as well.

       IN MY NAME:            Dale Amon, CEO/MD
  No Mushroom clouds over     Islandone Society
    London and New York.      www.islandone.org

-