Re: AES corruption

rkelly@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> hi, under mandrake's distro 9.0 :  2.4.19-16mdksecure , I get occasional
> bad reads from disk into buffer. filesystem reiserfs (if that matters),
[snip]
> what's wrong ? how can this be fixed ? what do i do ?

Looks like something trashes bit 5 of RAM page at address 0x?????FD9. Such
one bit errors of encrypted data always cause one 16 byte block to decrypt
to garbage, plus one bit error in the next 16 byte block because of cipher
block chaining. All of the "cmp -l ..." dumps show exactly same pattern.

May I suggest that you run memtest86 for 24 hours on that box. Last time I
looked (it has been a while), memtest86 was available at:

http://www.memtest86.com/

Regards,
Jari Ruusu <jari.ruusu@xxxxxxxxxx>

-