RE: huge problems with cryptoloop...

You are dead right in that Mandrake comes with the
AES encryption.

I thought that;
1. it would be nice to be able to try some other encryption
algorithms out and have some variety!
2. I wanted to see if I could.

So far I havn't had much luck; I've had to drop
several of the Mandrake provided kernel patches, incl.
the kdb patch, because it was this which was munging
the Makefile so that even though the cryptoloop/api
was showing in make config (et.al) it wasn't getting
compiled. I didn't know enough about the structure of
makefiles to work around it.

So put it down to mental exercise and learning!
;)

http://loop-aes.sourceforge.net/loop-AES-v1.7b.tar.bz2
http://loop-aes.sourceforge.net/updates/loop-AES-v1.7b-20030306.diff.bz2

Regards,