Underlying filesystem for file-backed loop

I apologize in advance if this has been extensively discussed, but I'm curious about facts/opinions regarding the use of file-backed loop where the file lives inside an ext3 filesystem. For example, I setup /dev/loop3 to point to /home/rigsby/bigsecrets.dat and /home is an ext3 file system.

Are there any concerns, advantages, or disadvantages to having the source file for a file-backed loop in an ext3 filesystem versus ext2?

Thanks,
</CR>

-
Linux-crypto: cryptography in and on the Linux system
Archive: http://mail.nl.linux.org/linux-crypto/