loop-aes and Red Hat 8.0

Hello:

I'm attempting to apply the util-linux patch to the source code for Red Hat 8.0's util-linux package. Here are my obstacles:

1. The patch included with loop-aes 1.7 is for util-linux-2.11y, and RedHat 8.0's util-linux rpm is based on 2.11r.
2. Redhat applies a HUGE number of patches to the 2.11r "pristine" sources before compiling and distributing their rpm file.
3. Lucky enough, during the rpm build process, only 8 hunks fail (mount/Makefile, lomount, swapon.c[all 4 hunks fail], swapon.8)

Is anyone else out there running loop-aes on Red Hat 8? I'm just curious if someone else has already done this. I'm a bit (no much) hesitation to use the pristine, non-RedHat patched 2.11y+loop-aes on my system, for fear that something might go wrong. That, and I'd like to be able to provide an easy-to-install RPM to people who want to use this outstanding software with RedHat 8.

Suggestions, comments?

Thanks,

</CR>

-
Linux-crypto: cryptography in and on the Linux system
Archive: http://mail.nl.linux.org/linux-crypto/