Re: loop device memory usage

how is this preallocation calculated, is there any way to tweak it? :> or I presume its tweaked already. does it matter how big the filesystem on top the loop device is, how many writes do we have simultaneously, how fast do we have them(or do we want to have them :)), what is ideal, etcetc.
regards,
greg

loop-AES's device backed loop preallocates a predetermined amount of RAM
pages at losetup/mount time. It does not allocate any more thereafter at
all, but recycles preallocated pages. That means that it is encrypted swap
and encrypted filesystem safe no matter what amount of data you throw at it.

Amount of preallocation just affects performance: too little preallocation
causes slow performance, and too large preallocation just wastes RAM without
significant performance improvement.

Regards,
Jari Ruusu <jari.ruusu@pp.inet.fi>

-