Re: cryptoloop unresolved symbols

Hi!

> 'make-kpkg modules_image' is for external modules.
> 'make-kpkg kernel_image' will recompile the kernel and the selected modules that are in the kernel source.
> You'll then have a handy .deb file in /usr/src which you can 'dpkg -i <packagename>' to reinstall the kernel and kernel modules.
>
> so comment is basically "If you need to re-compile the kernel, you need to run make-kpkg kernel_image, not make-kpkg modules_image"
I tried that before but it didn't work. Building the debs worked fine,
but the cryptoloop module didn't work (unresolved symbols).

I followed Gong`s suggestion to use the int-patch (again, I tried this
before, too). This time I installed the loop-jari patch (which came with
my debian crypto-api (or cryptoloop) packages. Then I patched the kernel
with the int-patch (2.4.19-2).
Now I tried to build everything into the kernel but again losetup
complained. Then I built only 'cryptoloop' as a module and this time it
loaded properly. I have no idea why there were no unresolved symbols
this time. Maybe because the int-patch is exactly for my kernel version.
I don't know why it didn't work when I built cryptoloop into the kernel.
I haven't tested it thoroughly but the module loaded and losetup didn't
complain.
But thanks for the help anyway!

Patric

-