loopAES mount defaults

Hi all--

For a loopAES encrypted filesystem I use the following line in my
/etc/fstab:

/dev/hdx /crypt ext3 defaults,noauto,loop,encryption=AES128,user 0 0

However, when I mount this via 'mount /crypt', it has the following
properties, according to the mount command:

/dev/hdx on /crypt type ext3
(rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev,loop=/dev/loop0,encryption=AES128,user=rsmith)

So apparently the mount command (from util-linux version "y", patched
with the diff from loopAES version "i") ignores the "defaults" option,
and indeed, when I give the "exec" option explicitly in fstab, it is
still ignored.  However, when I mount without using fstab like this:

mount -o encrytion=AES128,loop=/dev/loop0 /dev/hdx /crypt

the defaults are actually respected.

Am I doing something silly?  Is there a way to get the defaults when
mounting via fstab?

Regis
-