Re: [Q] merging mainline kernel

On Sat, Sep 07, 2002 at 02:45:37PM -0400, Michael Richardson wrote:
>   Also in theory, RSA and DNA is not patentable, US citizens can never be
> denied their constitutional rights, Scott Adams Games is still in business,

  Scott Adams??? Are you sure you aren't talking about Steve Jackson Games?

> and sysadmins have the right to verify the security of their systems.
>
>   If US citizens work on crypto, regardless of where they compile it,
> they make that crypto become under the control of the US. That is still
> true even today.

   Far be it for me to defend the US gov actions, but (other than on the hemp
front) I think CA is pretty scary as well. In fact, if you've noticed, other
than their moves to end the War on Some Drugs outside the US, the whole English
speaking world is getting *really* scary. I lived in CA for a year, came back to
the US after it became quite clear to me that civil rights were totally
non-existent in CA, and that was 30 years ago.
   Really good to see what CA is doing on the marijuana issue, but I sure don't
see them otherwise looking like a safe place to live or do business. Not that
the US is, even remotely.

--
Harmon Seaver
CyberShamanix