Re: [Q] merging mainline kernel

On Saturday 07 September 2002 17:01, Harmon Seaver wrote:
>    It would seem that the best places to publish the kernel itself
> and all crypto would be countries such as Germany and Japan who are
> pro-free crypto.
<-- snip -->
>    I don't understand why the linux community releases kernels in the
> US, release them elsewhere and let the US mirror them. Besides, there
> are *no* regulations on import of crypto to the US, only export, so
> the solution would seem obvious.

I completly agree with you. However, what good is the export
regulations if the only thing  that stopping me from dowloading the
source code of, lets say, the Rijndael (AES) algorithm is a notice
stating that i'm not allowed to download the code if i live in Iraq,
Afghanistan, etc?

what role does kerneli.org play in this? (is it still alive? i couldnt
reach it).

/Thomas
--
thomas@northernsecurity.net | www.northernsecurity.net