Re: What I want to do -doable ?

John Green wrote:
> >echo "Pd1eXapMJk0XAJnNSIzE" | losetup -p 0 -e AES128 /dev/loop6 /dev/hda666
> >echo "D0aZNSNnu6FdAph+zrHt" | losetup -p 0 -e AES128 /dev/loop4 /dev/hdd666
>
> If using bash on Linux, I would want to set
>
> export HISTFILE=""
>
> first, so as not to leave a record of the passwords.
> Even better, put a similar line in .bashrc.

Only interactive bash shell records commands to HISTFILE, scripts do not.
Even if bash were to record commands in a script, it would have no place to
save them, because above script is run early in init scripts, before any
filesystems are mounted read-write, and before any swap is enabled.

Regards,
Jari Ruusu <jari.ruusu@pp.inet.fi>

-