Re: Announce loop-AES-v1.6e file/swap crypto package

Iain wrote:
> I've been considering changing from cryptoapi to loop-AES, however I just
> read in the readme that you can't use journalling file systems on a file loop
> device. I have been using reiserfs on my encrypted fs and I don't really want
> to go back to ext2.
>
> How come it works with cryptoapi but not with loop-AES?

Device backed loops (partition backed loops) work fine with journaling file
systems. File backed loops are the problematic case.

Besides, it's the same loop code in both loop-AES and cryptoapi, if you are
using loop-jari-2.4.18.0.patch in cryptoapi. If cryptoapi docs don't warn
users to avoid journaled filesystems on file backed loops, cryptoapi docs
need to be updated.

Regards,
Jari Ruusu <jari.ruusu@pp.inet.fi>

-