Encrypted home directories

I just ran across a PAM module, pam_mount, and a patch for it which
implements encrypted home directories.

For example, an encrypted filesystem, call it /home/mike.img, could be
mounted by PAM at /home/mike at login time and automatically unmounted
upon logging out.

I think this PAM module goes far to solve TODO problem number two on
kerneli.org, "Security against theft of Linux machines."  As a PAM
module, it does so in a bit cleaner way than the login patch provided
by the folks at grsecurity (http://www.grsecurity.net).

I've been looking for a solution like this and was very excited to find
pam_mount.  However, I have not been able to find a valid email address
for the author of either the module or the encrypted home directory patch.
As far as I can tell pam_mount has not been worked on since late in 2001.
Perhaps one of them is on this mailing list.

Do any of you have any experience with this code?  I really like it and
would be willing to become its new maintainer if necessary.

--
Mike

:wq
-