bruteforcing question

Hi, I would like to ask a question that is maybe a dumb question, but I
dont find an answer for it. I type mount /dev/hda1 to mount my encrypted
filesystem. it asks for a password. If I fail to type the password, than it
writes mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/loop0, or
too many mounted file systems ... blablabla. that did took me 1 second. If
it was a program it would take less than a second to type 1 password. so it
somebody begins to make a brute force attack against my encrypted
filesystem it wouldnt take him so much time no? what protects my filesystem
agaoinst these type of brute for attacks? brute forcing against an ssh
connection is quite hard because the sshd waits some seconds before
allowing to type a password again. but at mounting time there is nothing
like this.
could somebody explain me this a bit?
regards,
greg