Re: Questions on boot time crypto-swap for Debian

On Sun, Mar 31, 2002 at 07:49:45PM +0300, Jari Ruusu wrote:
> Dale Amon wrote:
> > On Sun, Mar 31, 2002 at 07:18:05PM +0300, Jari Ruusu wrote:
> > > Mount swap partitions after /dev/urandom is initialized (see loop-AES'
> > > README file) or encrypt root partition and you can set up swap partitions
> > > with fixed keys that will be protected by root partition encryption.
> >
> > But that's the problem, the debian boot does swapon -a at S10checkroot.sh
> > which is ages before it does S55urandom.
>
> You didn't read the README file which says "make sure to disable your swap
> partitions in your /etc/fstab". Swap is added _after_ /dev/uramdom is
> initialized, not at S10checkroot.

I'm trying to do something different, a script that detects if loopback
is available and sets up device links appropriately. I'm not just
trying to set up my machine. That's easy, done it already.

I'm trying to come up with a simple plug in for Debian boot scripts
that will work correctly whether you boot into a crypto kernel or
not. It's all figured except I've got the ordering problem as stated.

That's a different and harder task, one not covered by any existing
HOWTO.

-