RE: journaling file systems

Mr. Clift:

	Yes, I most affermatively agree with that position. However, I
was of the impression that legal barriers (not just in the US, but other
countries as well) prevented such a scenario from being effective
without a realistic degradation in the ability to import / export the
Linus kernel to with such countries having such legal barriers with
regard to import / export controls
in place.

	Now if you are saying that instead of having the actual
cryptographic code in the kernel, but merely calls to advantage onesself
of whatever they had loaded into memory in the way of crytographic code
via a loadable module then this is indeed a superior methodology and I
would support its implementation most immediately, though I am
unfamiliar with the legal aspects of such a scenario or why Linus has
not contemplated such a scenario in the past.

	Perhaps one of the listmembers will be able to offer up some
wisdom as to why this solution (as described above) has not yet been
considered, or at what point and why it was decided as not being a
viable solution.

Very Respectfully,

Stuart Blake Tener, IT3 (E-4), USNR-R, N3GWG
Beverly Hills, California
VTU 1904G (Volunteer Training Unit)
stuart@bh90210.net
west coast: (310)-358-0202 P.O. Box 16043, Beverly Hills, CA 90209-2043
east coast: (215)-338-6005 P.O. Box 45859, Philadelphia, PA 19149-5859

Telecopier: (419)-715-6073 fax to email gateway via www.efax.com (it's
free!)

JOIN THE US NAVY RESERVE, SERVE YOUR COUNTRY, AND BENEFIT FROM IT ALL.

Tuesday, March 05, 2002 9:34 PM