Re: Migrating from cryptoapi-2.4.7.0 to patch-int-2.4.17

On Sun, Feb 17, 2002 at 01:39:09PM -0600, Chris Schadl wrote:
> I do have the cryptoloop and cipher-aes modules loaded.  Is it going to be
> possible to access my old cryptoapi encrypted data with the new patch-int?

If that one was before the IV_mode change to 512 bytes, then your old
encrypted containers will not be accessible. You have to use the old
cryptoapi to read the data and write it to an encrypted filesystem which
uses the new drivers.

If you don't want to expose the data to an unencrypted filesystem, you
could use two connected machines, or probably better, user-mode Linux
(to run a kernel as a user-mode process, a virtual machine.)

HTH,

    Rob - /dev/rob0
-