Re: libaes project - would appreciate contributions

Nigel Metheringham wrote:
> I have started a new sourceforge project - libaes - to get a decent AES
> library available to free software projects.  This was initially
> inspired by a version of Jari Ruusu's libaes which I found elsewhere (I
> guess having just seen him on here the original libaes is from the
> kernel crypto project).

Both the C version and optimized assembler version of AES cipher used in
loop-AES package are based on original Brian Gladman's code, not based on
international crypto patch or cryptoapi.

By the way, loop-AES's aes.[ch] sources are portable. They compile and run
fine in kernel and user space as well in other operating systems. Assembler
implementation is a little bit faster than original Brian Gladman's code on
Duron 800 MHz:

key length 128 bits, encrypt speed 354.3 Mbits/sec
key length 128 bits, decrypt speed 359.3 Mbits/sec
key length 192 bits, encrypt speed 298.8 Mbits/sec
key length 192 bits, decrypt speed 297.7 Mbits/sec
key length 256 bits, encrypt speed 258.8 Mbits/sec
key length 256 bits, decrypt speed 260.6 Mbits/sec

> The current code has the aes context structure as the last parameter on
> all calls (as Brian's code).  I think moving it to the first parameter
> may suit people better - specially the cbc wrapping routines.

I also changed the context struct parameter to be first parameter. It makes
more sense that way.

Regards,
Jari Ruusu <jari.ruusu@pp.inet.fi>

-