Root partition encryption

Could someone clarify what Jari means in the 8th step of the README by:
"
Reboot system from rescue floppy / cdrom / other partition on your
    system, so that the partition you are about to encrypt is _not_ mounted.
    Note: you must use loop-AES' loop.o module and loop-AES modified losetup
    program for this.

        insmod loop
        losetup -e AES128 /dev/loop5 /dev/hda2
        dd if=/dev/hda2 of=/dev/loop5 bs=8192 conv=notrunc
        sync
        mount -t ext2 /dev/loop5 /mnt
"

I mean what is needed to do the trick? Perhaps a disk with 3 partitions?

I think i have to build (besides /boot and / partitions) a rescue disk
with same kernel version of my / so the loop-2.4.7.o can be used . . .

Is that right?

Kostas.

-