Re: Possible bug

-----Original Message-----
From: Jukka Ruohonen <jruohonen@xxxxxx>
> On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 02:01:53PM +0200, Thomas Renninger wrote:
> > For some reason some BIOSes export the highest frequency twice (or
> with
> > one HZ difference or similar).
>
> I think this is because of the so-called Turbo Boost. I recall at least
> couple of Intel specifications or white papers in which it was adviced
> that
> BIOS vendors should report the "turbo state" as the maximum + 1 MHz.
>
> - Jukka.

I found that, effectively, the speeds are reported with a difference of 1 MHz:
$ cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_available_frequencies
2534000 2533000 1600000 800000

But Turbo Boost technology is not present in my new processor:
http://ark.intel.com/products/35562/Intel-Core2-Duo-Processor-T9400-%286M-Cache-2_53-GHz-1066-MHz-FSB

In fact, as far as I know, no processor supported by this motherboard has it:
http://www.intel.com/es_la/assets/PDF/datasheet/320122.pdf

BIOS issue? The laptop is a Sony Vaio VGN-SR210J, BIOS R1130Y1 (latest to
this day).