Possible bug

Hi.

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but I couldn't find any useful information,
so here I write. Hope it's not a problem.

cpufreq-info shows this in my laptop:
hardware limits: 800 MHz - 2.53 GHz
available frequency steps: *2.53 GHz, 2.53 GHz*, 1.60 GHz, 800 MHz

As you can see, the maximum frequency is shown twice. I searched for that,
but only found non-related bug reports in which people notice the
duplicated frequency. So it is a relatively common issue. But I couldn't
find a bug report for this, specifically.

I also have a KDE widget that shows the processor frequency. It shows it
in green when at the lowest possible, in red when at the max frequency,
and in yellow when at an intermediate state. If I switch to conservative
governor and put the processor under load, I see the frequency raising
from 800 MHz (green) to 1.60 GHz (yellow), then 2.53 GHz (yellow again)
then 2.53 HGz (now red) so it seems to be effectively switching between
two different
states with the same frequency. Although not serious, I think frequent
switching between the same frequencies may degrade performance.

I recently upgraded my processor from a T5800 to a T9400, and made no
software change. cpufreq-info didn't show twice the greatest frequency
with the former processor, this issue started as soon as I replaced it.

Attached: complete output of cpufreq-info, complete hardware info.
I'm running kubuntu 12.04, kernel 3.2.0-26-generic-pae

Thanks for your time (reading, and coding things like cpufreq). I really
appretiate your work.
And forgive my english, it's not my native language.

Regards,
Ariel