RE: Request for DIscussion: Cpufreq logging, and frequency floors

Actually, it turns out there's at least some trace-system based cpufreq
tracing that was added sometime after our 2.6.35 kernel; 2.6.38 cpufreq.c
contains a trace_cpu_frequency() added by Thomas Renninger (so: generic,
and not restricted to Intel architectures). Perhaps this
is adequate; I haven't had a chance to try it yet. Do you know of problems
with that implementation? (One thing that might be nice to add is the option
of logging the decision made at each sample, with the load value,rather
than just the actual cpufreq changes).

sf