Re: Request for DIscussion: Cpufreq logging, and frequency floors

On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 02:31:57PM -0700, Steven Finney (Palm GBU) wrote:

>  2) The ability to keep a diagnostic log of all the frequency changes so,
> e.g., it's possible to determine if bad behavior (e.g. dropouts) is
> correlated with a low frequency.

This is a really good and useful idea but it seems to me like it would
be better done with the standard trace subsystem - that provides good
facilities for enabling and disabling the trace as needed and would make
it easy to tie in with the other subsystems that are in play.