no overclock possible

Hi,
I wanna overclock my i7 950 to get 3,84 GHz or more, all is stable and works very fine, but if i cat /proc/cpuinfo i get yhe maximum speed is the default clock of my i7 processor. when i disable the cpufreq daemon i get 3,65 GHz and not 3,84 like the bios screen shows at startup... My overclock is useless... :-( I had googled for a solution but noone have a solution for this issue....
You can tip me how i can "convert" my overclok in a real one?

tnx millions
Sylvie