Re: CPU throttled down to 800 after 15-30mins

On Wednesday 09 February 2011 20:43:20 J Webster wrote:
> Tried that but it didn;t ignore the BIOS. Either that or something
> else is limiting it.
> That's why I had to turn speedstep off in the BIOS.

Interesting, that would mean the BIOS additionally sets some HW
registers to limit things or processor.ignore_ppc is broken for you,
but as it works for others, I can't see why...

Is /sys/devices/.../bios_limit still showing lower values?
This should not be possible anymore with this param.
Then better double check that you've written the parameter correctly
or also try a latest vanilla kernel if not done yet.

       Thomas