CPU throttled down to 800 after 15-30mins

My laptop is an Inpsiron 9300, which should be able to go up to 1.73GHz.
I am having an issue whereby when I first turn the computer on, ondemand is selected and the speed moves between 800 and 1.73 successfully. For no apparent reason, after 15mins it is throttled back to 800 and I cannot change it back. I tired manually editing the scaling_max_freq file to 1733000 but when I go back to view it it has changed to 800000 again!
I thought it might be this issue:
##
# Special Rules
##
# CPU Too hot!
[Rule]
name=CPU Too Hot
acpi_temperature=55-100
cpu_interval=50-100
profile=Performance Low
[/Rule]

So I changed it from 70-100 but on the last try the cpu did not reach 70 and it still throttled it back to 800.

Any ideas what I can do solve this issue?
I have tried everything on this post here and no luck: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=10430797#post10430797