Re: Issues with ondemand governor

Amit,

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 8:22 PM, Amit Kucheria <amit.kucheria@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Vishwa,
>
> Have you had a chance to do some usetime tests with these changes?
I did test USB performance with this and I see ondmeand is 90% close
to performance.

> It would be interesting to measure the power consumption with and
> without these changes.
Power consumption impact can vary from usecase to usecase and extra
performance will have some power impact.
However in idle scenario, I feel this should not have much impact
since ondemand timer is a deferrable timer which means that it does
not prevent cpuidle. I will try to measure it for some usecase and
compare the power impact.

Vishwa