AMD 7750 / Asus M3N-HD/HDMI: cpufreq doesn't work

Hello everybody,

My problem: cpufreq doesn't work at all:
utumno:/home/leszek# cpufreq-info
cpufrequtils 004: cpufreq-info (C) Dominik Brodowski 2004-2006
Report errors and bugs to cpufreq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, please.
analyzing CPU 0:
  no or unknown cpufreq driver is active on this CPU
analyzing CPU 1:
  no or unknown cpufreq driver is active on this CPU

( BTW: cpufreq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx bounces! )

Here's a snipplet from dmesg, looks like ACPI doesn't even see that the processor supports any C-states or any throttling:
[ 1.107335] ACPI: PNP0C0B:00 is registered as cooling_device0
[ 1.107335] ACPI: Fan [FAN] (on)
[ 1.111327] ACPI: ACPI0007:00 is registered as cooling_device1
[ 1.111327] ACPI: ACPI0007:01 is registered as cooling_device2
[ 1.111327] ACPI: Expecting a [Reference] package element, found type 0
[ 1.111327] ACPI: LNXTHERM:01 is registered as thermal_zone0
[ 1.111327] ACPI: Thermal Zone [THRM] (40 C)

( in my laptop, where cpufreq works, precisely at this point ACPI reports about the C states my laptop processor supports )

I would be very thankful for tips how to debug this case. For starters, I would like to be able to point my finger at the guilty party: is it the processor, the mobo, the kernel or my misconfiguration?

My kernel:
2.6.26-1-amd64 ( current Debian Lenny kernel with no modifications on my part)

My BIOS:  (info taken from dmidecode)
BIOS Information
        Vendor: Phoenix Technologies, LTD
        Version: ASUS M3N-HD/HDMI ACPI BIOS Revision 0901
        Release Date: 04/26/2008

My mobo: (info taken from dmidecode)
Base Board Information
        Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer INC.
        Product Name: M3N-HD/HDMI
        Version: 1.XX
        Serial Number: MS1C84B08001028

My processor: (info taken from dmidecode )
Processor Information
        Socket Designation: Socket AM2
        Type: Central Processor
        Family: Sempron
        Manufacturer: AMD
        ID: 23 0F 10 00 FF FB 8B 17
        Signature: Family 16, Model 2, Stepping 3
        Flags:
                FPU (Floating-point unit on-chip)
                VME (Virtual mode extension)
                DE (Debugging extension)
                PSE (Page size extension)
                TSC (Time stamp counter)
                MSR (Model specific registers)
                PAE (Physical address extension)
                MCE (Machine check exception)
                CX8 (CMPXCHG8 instruction supported)
                APIC (On-chip APIC hardware supported)
                SEP (Fast system call)
                MTRR (Memory type range registers)
                PGE (Page global enable)
                MCA (Machine check architecture)
                CMOV (Conditional move instruction supported)
                PAT (Page attribute table)
                PSE-36 (36-bit page size extension)
                CLFSH (CLFLUSH instruction supported)
                MMX (MMX technology supported)
                FXSR (Fast floating-point save and restore)
                SSE (Streaming SIMD extensions)
                SSE2 (Streaming SIMD extensions 2)
                HTT (Hyper-threading technology)
        Version: AMD Athlon(tm) 7750 Dual-Core Processor
        Voltage: 1.5 V
        External Clock: 200 MHz
        Max Speed: 3700 MHz
        Current Speed: 2700 MHz