Re: Perfomance governor is still changing frequency

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 12:59:15PM -0500, Len Brown wrote:

> and that will tell us if turbo is related to your
> occasional obervance of low-frequency-mode.

We've observed this on certain other pieces of modern Intel hardware -
the best hypothesis we've been able to come up with is that if the msr
read is the first instruction run on the core when it's previously been
in a deep C state, the low-clock speed is reported. However, some
Thinkpads will also automatically limit their speed for thermal reasons.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59@xxxxxxxxxxxxx