Re: RFC: Extending corosync to high node counts

I'm on holiday for a week now, so I'll post my progress so far on this
project.

It's basically just remote-cpg at the moment but it seems to work. It's
pre-alpha 0.0001 quality code (it doesn't daemonise and logs verbosely
to stderr for a start) but it will run the cpg test programs unmodified.

You'll need the corosync from this branch (which is not wire compatible
with production versions because I've added a field to the JOIN message)
and the programs from the remote/remote-msg and remote/corosync-remote
directories, which are not built by default.

corosync-remote-mgr runs on the corosync parent node(s) and gets a list
of satellites from remote_nodelist in corosync.conf (see example in
remote/corosync.conf) and corosync-remote runs on the satellite nodes
and serves CPG to clients.

No other services are provided so anything that needs any other service
like cmap/cfg will fail to start. so it's very limited so far - really
it's just some code to look at. cpgbench fails because it floods in the
read socket, that needs looking at but testcpg and cpghum work fine -
even for large packets.

The socket code is VERY basic as I expect it to be replaced with
something secure eventually.

Feel free to look, play or ignore as you like.

https://github.com/chrissie-c/corosync/tree/topic-remote

Chrissie