Re: Message mis-delievered to a configuration ?

I have not been able to reproduce the problem so far. I even introduced a delay in sending an internal message from one of the nodes in the Totem config. change callback to increase the window of opportunity for the message misdelivery to occur, but even with that it doesn't seem to happen.

However I did run into another problem. I noticed that there're times when you get a CPG config. change callback without a Totem Config. change callback. When multiple nodes join or leave a cluster, you get one CPG callback per member that left or joined. The way we determine if all CPG callbacks are in, is to compare the membership list from CPG to the one returned by Totem callback. It's only when they match that we conclude that there's has been a change in cluster membership. If we miss a Totem config. change here, the CPG callbacks are essentially ignored making a subsequent config. change to appear spurious. And as this happens on one set of nodes and not the other when a cluster splits into two, the two halves get out of sync.

For this one, I do have the fplay records from all nodes in the cluster. If someone wants to look at them, I can upload them.

Thanks,

      Sathya