Re: trouble with corosync build

On 06/09/2013, at 12:58 PM, Mark Potts <potts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Andrew,
>    Thanks for the reply.
>
>    Yes, I have downloaded / installed libqb-0.16.0 now -- although I still
>    can find no reference to libdb as a dependence of corosync.

It should arguably check for libqb at configure time.

>    However, that addition just pushes the build problem along a little
>    further until I get to:
>
>   :
> Making all in exec
> make[2]: Entering directory `/home/potts/corosync-2.3.1/exec'
>  CC     libtotem_pg_la-totemip.lo
>  CC     libtotem_pg_la-totemnet.lo
>  CC     libtotem_pg_la-totemudp.lo
> totemudp.c:75:21: fatal error: pk11pub.h: No such file or directory
> compilation terminated.
>
>   Hunting around it would seem that pk11pub.h is part of "nss", which
>   is installed on Ubuntu 12.04 in the flavor of libnss-mdns.  I'd guess
>   the real problem here is that nss-devel (or some such name) is what
>   is missing to resolve such include file references.
>   Any pointers you can offer on obtaining the installable nss devel
>   module that is appropriate for corosync

On an rpm based distro: yum install -y nss-devel
Presumably debian has something similar

>>>   I downloaded corosync-2.3.1.tar.gz from build.clusterlabs.org to...

Thats an odd place to get corosync from.  Why not just use what comes with the distro?

> -- knowing that I have no
>   desire to even use nss?
>
>   Thanks again.
>
>           regards,
>

> On 09/05/2013 09:29 PM, Andrew Beekhof wrote:
>> On 06/09/2013, at 9:22 AM, Mark Potts <potts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>     Raw newbie with trouble getting corosync build to work...
>>>
>>>     I downloaded corosync-2.3.1.tar.gz from build.clusterlabs.org to a
>>>     Ubuntu 12.04 workstation,  opened the tarball, read through INSTALL,
>>>     and proceeded to  the configure -- just like the start of any normal
>>>     build cycle.
>>>
>>>     After many failed experiments with ./configure and then make,
>>>     I think that I have learned that:
>>>
>>>            A dependency on building or using a "libqb" and its include
>>>            files, supposedly in /usr/include/qb/, prevents completion of
>>>            all attempts at "make".  (See make output below.)
>>>
>>>            "--disable-nss"  is not understood by ./configure, despite INSTALL
>>>             file documentation.  I had to resort to setting environment
>>>             variables for nss_CFLAGS and nss_LIBS to bogus values,
>>>             to get around missing info in pkg_config for the nss option.
>>>             Note, I do not have nss installed and can not find nss_devel
>>>             or nspr_devel for debian/Ubuntu installation.  But the
>>>             documentation states that, by default,  I should not need
>>>             these anyway unless I want to use nss.
>>>
>>>    What am I missing, in either documentation or downloadable content.
>>>
>>> name@hpcTG[/home/potts/corosync-2.3.1] 204 => make
>>> make  all-recursive
>>> make[1]: Entering directory `/home/potts/corosync-2.3.1'
>>> Making all in include
>>> make[2]: Entering directory `/home/potts/corosync-2.3.1/include'
>>> make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
>>> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/potts/corosync-2.3.1/include'
>>> Making all in common_lib
>>> make[2]: Entering directory `/home/potts/corosync-2.3.1/common_lib'
>>>   CC     error_conversion.lo
>>>   CCLD   libcorosync_common.la
>>> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/potts/corosync-2.3.1/common_lib'
>>> Making all in lib
>>> make[2]: Entering directory `/home/potts/corosync-2.3.1/lib'
>>>   CC     cpg.lo
>>> cpg.c:55:23: fatal error: qb/qbdefs.h: No such file or directory <-------- N.B. !
>>> compilation terminated.
>> So have you built and installed libqb?
>>
>>> make[2]: *** [cpg.lo] Error 1
>>> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/potts/corosync-2.3.1/lib'
>>> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1