Re: [Problem] Corosync cannot reconstitute a cluster.

Hi Honza,

Thank you for comments.

> It's not necessary, because it is expected to replace failed part as
> soon as possible and chance that two cables fails is very small. Also
> RRP + bonding can be used for super critical systems (so there are two
> bond interfaces (each with two nics) and each of them is part of rrp).

Oh...It is great configuration...super critical systems.

> > Is there the plan solving this problem in the future in corosync?
> > Because it is specifications of corosync, there is not the plan to solve this problem in the future?
>
> I was thinking about that. RRP in corosync is implementation of
> http://corosync.github.com/corosync/doc/icdcs02.ps.gz and this paper
> turn out to be really more academic then useful for practice. On the
> other hand, I don't see any good in reimplementing bonding inside
> corosync, because there is real bonding.
>
> Anyway, give a try to bonding, I'm pretty sure it solve problems you are
> hitting.

We use bonding without using the rrp mode.
Probably the problem will not happen.
When a user cannot prepare for much NIC, we could consider recommending constitution not to use rrp mode.
 * The environment that cannot make bonding two.

Many Thanks!
Hideo Yamauchi.