Re: [Problem] Corosync cannot reconstitute a cluster.

Hideo,

renayama19661014@xxxxxxxxx napsal(a):
> Hi Honza,
>
> Thank you for comments.
>
>> Wait wait wait. This is totally different situation. My expectation was
>> ONE cable per node for ONE switch. But you are using TWO switches and
>> TWO cables per node. Are you using RRP? Or bonding?
>
> We use rrp.
>
>>> A control message of corosync goes each other, and, in the case of this trouble, does a problem not happen?
>>> Does it not become the factor that cannot constitute a cluster?
>>
>> It really depends on technology you are using. Bonding shouldn't have
>> problem with such situation, because each of cables is equal and you can
>> lost any of them. RRP is totally different story and it will behave
>> incorrectly (in a way you've described), because corosync itself will:
>> - mark one of ring as failed
>> - keep going between operational/gather state
>>
>> In other words, there will be membership, but very unstable.
>
> In the case of the constitution of the sw like us, it is necessary to use bonding.
>  * Not rrp, it is necessary to use bonding.

It's not necessary, because it is expected to replace failed part as
soon as possible and chance that two cables fails is very small. Also
RRP + bonding can be used for super critical systems (so there are two
bond interfaces (each with two nics) and each of them is part of rrp).

> We discuss adoption of bonding.

Bonding is well supported technology and I can only recommended it.
Another solution can be http://kronosnet.org/

> Is there the plan solving this problem in the future in corosync?
> Because it is specifications of corosync, there is not the plan to solve this problem in the future?

I was thinking about that. RRP in corosync is implementation of
http://corosync.github.com/corosync/doc/icdcs02.ps.gz and this paper
turn out to be really more academic then useful for practice. On the
other hand, I don't see any good in reimplementing bonding inside
corosync, because there is real bonding.

Anyway, give a try to bonding, I'm pretty sure it solve problems you are
hitting.

> Many Thanks.
> Hideo Yamauchi.

Regards,