Re: Question about service init order

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the information.

We are not developing new service but just using those services in
openais-1.1.4, that is why we are using corosync-1.4.5 instead of
corosync-2.x.x. Do you mean that if we want to use openais with
corosync-2.x.x, the best way is changing it into application base on
the cpg/quorum/cfg/... API? Or is there any plan to do this currently?

On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 4:46 PM, Jan Friesse <jfriesse@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Jason,
> it looks like you are using quorum with corosync 1.4.x. Keep in mind that:
> - none of quorum providers are fully tested and or finished in 1.4.x
> (with 2.x, there is fully tested and completed votequorum)
> - so you just need to use cman quorum to get correct results
>
> Also IF you are developing new software, please consider to use
> cpg/quorum/cfg/... API instead of service. Services are gone in 2.x.
> Even 1.x will be supported for quite long time, no new features are
> expected (there is master for that and in limited fashion also 2.x).
> It's also MUCH easier to develop app on top of API instead of using
> service. Also because only one service changed dramatically between 2.x
> and 1.x is confdb (replaced by cmap) it should be perfectly possible to
> use 1.x today and then migrate to 2.x later by simple recompile of app.
>
> Regards,
>   Honza
>
> jason napsal(a):
>> Hi All,
>> One of our service wants to register quorum callback by calling
>> api->quorum_register_callback() in it's exec_init_fn(). But according to
>> corosync_service_default_link_and_init(), all external service such as
>> openais are initialized before corosync internal service such as
>> corosync_quorum, so the calling to api->quorum_register_callback() do
>> nothing at all. What is the right thing we should do? Reorder the service
>> init sequence or skip calling api->quorum_register_callback() in
>> exec_init_fn()? Please give some advices .

Yours,
Jason