Re: Pacemaker doesn't start: Problem with pacemaker plugin for corosync version

On 07/24/2012 02:31 PM, Antonis Christofides wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I try to run corosync 1.4.2-1~bpo60+1 and pacemaker 1.1.7-1~bpo60+1 on
> two virtualbox machines, both Debian squeeze. Corosync runs ok (with
> unicast, udpu). But when I try to start pacemaker, I get this:
>
>     info: Invoked: pacemakerd
>     info: crm_log_init_worker: Changed active directory to /var/lib/heartbeat/cores/root
>     info: config_find_next: Processing additional service options...
>     info: get_config_opt: Found 'pacemaker' for option: name
>     info: get_config_opt: Found '0' for option: ver
>     info: get_cluster_type: Detected an active 'classic openais (with plugin)' cluster
>     info: read_config: Reading configure for stack: classic openais (with plugin)
>     info: config_find_next: Processing additional service options...
>     info: get_config_opt: Found 'pacemaker' for option: name
>     info: get_config_opt: Found '0' for option: ver
>     ERROR: read_config: We can only start Pacemaker from init if using version 1 of the Pacemaker plugin for Corosync.  Terminating.
>
> How can I fix that?

I think the log message is quite self-descriptive ... you don't need to
start Pacemaker manually, you configured it so Corosync starts it.

Though better you change "ver: 0" in your Corosync configuration to
"ver: 1" ... in the Pacemaker plugin section, and use the init script to
start Pacemaker after Corosync.

> Also (obviously I'm a beginner at this), I'll later need to configure
> pacemaker to manage resources. Where are its configuration files? They
> are together with corosync? Because I don't see anything like
> /etc/pacemaker.

You can use either the crm shell bey executing "crm" ... or give LCMC a
try: http://lcmc.sourceforge.net/

Regards,
Andreas

--