Re: Checkpoint service support for HA using Corosync + Pacemaker

On 06/12/2012 10:35 PM, Joe Lau wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>
> I am really disappointed to hear that the checkpoint services is deprecated.
> I was intending to follow the approach from "Experience in Developing a High Availability and Continuous TCP Using OpenAIS and TCPCP" which used checkpoint services from OpenAIS.
>
> Can you give me some hints on how I can implement checkpoint services using CPG (Closed Process Group)?
> Has anyone implemented checkpoint service using CPG.  It will be great if you can give me a reference.

use cpg_mcast to generate a consistent memory for your checkpoint.  I
don't have any references.

> BTW, why is checkpoint services is deprecated (just out of curiosity)?
> Thanks!

http://www.openais.org/doku.php
http://www.corosync.org/doku.php?id=faq:why

The main rationale was that cpg can provide all functionality that ckpt
was providing and we wanted a vastly simpler software model for
maintenance purposes.  See:

http://sdake.wordpress.com/2012/04/10/corosync-2-0-0-released/