Re: Clamp down the changes before 2.0.0

On 2/8/2012 2:03 PM, Steven Dake wrote:
 These sorts of changes invariably introduce more
> beta refreshes and put at risk our ability to ship corosync 2.0 in
> Fedora 17.  This would have a negative impact on all of us, since
> corosync 2.0 could then not be tested with the full next gen stack.

corosync is not critical path in Fedora and the major change with 1.99.x
transition has already happen.

2.0 can come down the path of a fedora update if we can´t make it for
F17 GA.

I don´t see the point to go crazy after a downstream schedule vs
releasing something that can be better maintained in time and rather
more stable than it is now.

Let´s get the release done properly and worry about a koji/bodhi update
later since 1.99 is in fedora already.

Also, the 2 major corosync consumers (pacemaker and dlm/clvmd/gfs2)
still do not operate at 100% with the new stack. It will take time to
settle.

Fabio