Re: "service" section in corosync.conf

Hi,

On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 5:29 PM, Adrian Fita <adrian.fita@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi. I don't seem to find any documentation regarding this.
>
> What does the "service" section in corosync.conf do? What values can I
> configure there? I have the following in /etc/corosync/corosync.conf:
>
> service {
>       # Load the Pacemaker Cluster Resource Manager
>       name: pacemaker
>       ver: 0
> }
>
> This automatically starts the pacemaker services (but not pacemakerd).
> The services have corosync as the parent process.

Yes, with ver: 0 corosync spawns the pacemaker processes.

> On another server and some examples I found:
>
> service {
>       # Load the Pacemaker Cluster Resource Manager
>       name: pacemaker
>       ver: 1
> }
>
> with "ver: 1". This does not start the pacemaker services
> automatically, I have to start pacemaker with "/etc/init.d/pacemaker
> start" and the services have the pacemakerd as the parent process.

This is for ver: 0 vs ver: 1 and information about what you can also
put in the service stanza =>
http://theclusterguy.clusterlabs.org/post/907043024/introducing-the-pacemaker-master-control-process-for

> What is the recommended method to start/run corosync/pacemaker? WIth
> corosync as parent or pacemakerd as parent?

Between the two, ver:1 is recommended, the above link explains why.

HTH,
Dan

> Thank you.
> --