Re: The heartbeat interval of corosync

Dear Steven,

I still don't quite understand the heartbeat interval calculation.

The attached file is my example configuration file for corosync.

Could you give me the calculation formula according my configuration?

Moreover, token_retransmits_before_loss_const is configured as 10 in my configuration.

Does the setting means that each corosync-enabled host will learn its corresponding hosts disappeared after (190) * (10) = 1.9 secs?

Thanks in advance.

Chia-Feng Kang

CCMA/ ITRI/ TW

寄件者: Steven Dake [sdake@xxxxxxxxxx]
寄件日期: 2011年12月03日 下午 11:59
收件者: 康佳峰
副本: discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxx
主旨: Re: [corosync] The heartbeat interval of corosync

On 12/03/2011 04:19 AM, cfk@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Dear all,
>

> I use corosync 1.3.0 and pacemaker 1.0.10 as my HA usage.
>

> It is my observation on wireshark that corosync do heartbeat task by
> sending UDP communication message each 190 ms.
>

> I don’t see any configurable variable name target to this value in
> /etc/corosync/corosync.conf.
>

> What shall I do if I want to change the interval?
>

> Respectfully,

The healthchecking parameter is "token".  Within token time period, if a
token is lost, a new configuration will form.

Since token is UDP and UDP is unreliable, we retransmit it several times
(token_retransmit).

This value is autogenerated by taking (token /
token_retransmits_before_loss_const) * 0.9 (if I recall correctly).
This is the 190 msec retransmit you see.

man corosync.conf for more details.

Regards
-steve