Re: quorum implementation in corosync

On 12/02/2011 05:32 AM, Janec, Jozef wrote:
> Hello All,
>

> I want to ask if there are some news about the quorum configuration. I have some experience with service guard quorum server, and I though the model which is using this model is interesting too.
>
> We can add some script/module which will be called if is configured quorum service. This will be called when the situation will be 50%
>
> There could be running very easy service on 3rd side, which will receive cluster id, and list of nodes which are online from that node.
>
> If there isn't any reservation for this id, it will be created and the list of nodes will be added to this reservation.
>
> All nodes will try check the status, 1st make the reservation, the others will just check status and stay up if they are on the list or be stopped if they aren't.
>
> Than we have new number for quorum, and the lock can be cleared for next situation.
>
> May be this can be created as stonith script which will decide if the node stay up, or will will do next stonith operation.
>
> Or new corosync service can be created just for this purpose, which will be started on 3rd server via inittab, and it will
> Communicate with cluster.
>
> And from security point of view there could be list of names/ids of nodes which can contact this service
>
> Best regards
>
> Jozef

Jozef,

I think what you describe already exists in a project called booth.

http://doc.opensuse.org/products/draft/SLE-HA/SLE-ha-guide_sd_draft/cha.ha.geo.html

Is that what you were thinking?

A quick google search didn't turn up the project homepage.  Perhaps
someone can help point out the booth upstream repo.

Regards
-steve