Re: corosync across different subnet

Hi Dan,

can you send me an example of a multicast configuration for a such network architecture?

Thanks
Amelia

2011/10/21 Dan Frincu <df.cluster@xxxxxxxxx>
Hi,

On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 3:20 PM, amelia sacchi <ame.sacchi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I must create a geographical 2-node cluster. Every node of the cluster will
> reside on a different subnet.
>
> For example I will have:
>
> Node1:
> Private LAN: 192.168.1.0
> Public LAN: 192.168.2.0
>
> Node2:
> Private LAN: 192.168.3.0
> Public LAN: 192.168.4.0
>
> Is it possible configure Corosync to work in a such network architecture?

From a network addressing point of view, yes, as corosync uses
multicast (or even unicast) for communication, so as long as the
addressing scheme is right, there shouldn't be any problems. Broadcast
is not an option with corosync if you're using separate subnets for
each node.

For examples on how to configure corosync.conf please read
https://github.com/corosync/corosync/blob/master/man/corosync.conf.5
as it has the most up-to-date information.

You might have to concern yourself with the transport between the two
geographical locations, as corosync is sensitive to network latency,
and thus not recommended/viable for setups across WAN links. Maybe it
works over FC or Infiniband, but it all depends on the transport atm.

Regards,
Dan

> Thanks
> Amelia