Re: cJSON and help2man issues (was: Re: next release)

On Sun, 22 Mar 2020 11:37:51 +0100
Simon Sobisch <simonsobisch@xxxxxx> wrote:

> The actual issue here is that help2man cannot start cobc as expected.
> I've already adjusted it (pending check-in, will be done together or
> near with "you may use 'pure' MPIR instead of GMP"), which should
> ensure that it works as long as you can make the "extras" folder (the
> sole reason that this may not work is a dependency on external
> libraries, for example gmp which were met during configure but not
> later on [mostly a LD_LIBRARY_PATH issue]).

Thanks, Simon.  FTR I was able to solve it this way:

$ PATH=$path:$PATH \
  LD_PRELOAD=$libcob \
  LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib \
  make

where

	path is cobc/.libs
and
	libcob is libcob/.libs/libcob.so

These overrides are needed when cobc is called to generate its
documentation.  N.B. that override *always* needed to generate new
documentation from current source, because otherwise it will be
generated from the installed cobd & libcob, not the in-tree version.

LD_LIBRARY_PATH is needed because of a mistake in the configure
script.  configure should set RPATH to include /usr/local/lib (or
wherever libcjson is installed).  As it stands, I get this:

	$ ldd libcob/.libs/libcob.so | grep not
        	libcjson.so.1 => not found

--jkl

[Index of Archives]     [Gcc Help]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite Info]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]     [Big List of Linux Books]