Re: Need some pointers on migrating code and

Simon wrote:
> Actually the best way to test an installed VBISAM version is to run
> `make checkall` (= running both the internal and the NIST test suite)
> after `configure --with-vbisam && make`.

Thanks.  Will try the test suite.

We're going to need to access some PostgreSQL data from Cobol at some
point.  We have ODBC drivers for PostgreSQL and we have the PostgreSQL
libraries.  Any recommendations on the best way to add PostgreSQL or
ODBC database access with GNU Cobol.  The GNU Cobol FAQ and Internet
searches turned up the following options:

Use simpleodbc preprocessor:
https://sourceforge.net/p/open-cobol/discussion/contrib/thread/3d4f1141/

Use esqlOC:
http://www.kiska.net/opencobol/esql/

Use OCESQL:
http://www.osscons.jp/osscobol/download/
https://github.com/debinix/openjensen/blob/master/doc/compile-sql-preprocessor-with-utf8.md

Does anyone know of pros and cons to these options or have a preferred
method of accessing data using ODBC and GNUCobol?

Sincerely,
Laura

[Index of Archives]     [Gcc Help]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite Info]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]     [Big List of Linux Books]