vbisam ( was Re: Need some pointers on migrating code and data)

On Fri, May 4, 2018 at 4:25 PM, Ron Norman <rjn@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have the following version but it is on my Linux server.
>
>>ls -la vbisam-2.1.1.tar.Z
> -rw-rw-r-- 1 rjn inglenet 813372 Dec  5  2016 vbisam-2.1.1.tar.Z
>

> I did some work on this so it properly supported partial keys and returns
> the status for DUPS ahead etc...

Thanks for the information.  Are your changes also under the GNU
license?  Would like to try to incorporate the changes of the various
vbisam versions into one version.  So far, I've looked through the
code of three different variants and incorporated what I could into
one set of patches.

Does anyone have any example programs for working with vbisam (in
Cobol or C)?  I've been searching the Internet, but haven't been able
to turn up much in the way of examples or more detailed documentation.
I did find one source code example using vbisam in the Getting Started
guide at https://open-cobol.sourceforge.io/  Would be nice to have
some other code samples to use as test cases to see if the builds are
working properly.

Sincerely,
Laura

[Index of Archives]     [Gcc Help]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite Info]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]     [Big List of Linux Books]